On this day in 1972 Galliford Try listed on the LSE.
Monthly seasonality of Galliford Try
The following chart plots the average monthly out-performance of the shares over the FTSE 100 Index since 1988. For example, on average Galliford Try has out-performed the FTSE 100 by 5.3 percentage points in February.
- The strongest month for Galliford Try shares relative to the market has been February (the shares have out-performed the market in this month in 15 of the last 25 years).
- The weakest month for Galliford Try relative to the market has been November (the shares have only out-performed the market in this month in 8 of the past 25 years).
Galliford Try is in the FTSE 350 Construction & Materials [NMX2350] sector.
The 2013 edition of the Almanac looks at the historic monthly performance of the FTSE 350 sectors. Here we look at the Construction & Materials sector.
The following chart plots the average out-performance of the FTSE 350 Construction & Materials sector over the FTSE 100 Index by month since 1999. For example, since 1999 on average the Construction & Materials sector has out-performed the FTSE 100 Index by 3.1 percentage points in January.
- The sector is strong relative to the whole market from November to March.
- The strongest months are December, January and February – the sector has under-performed the market only twice in the past 13 years in February.
- The weakest month has been October – the sector has out-performed the market only four times in this month in the last 14 years.
The four stocks in the FTSE 350 Construction & Materials sector [NMX2350] are-
|Balfour Beatty [BBY]
|Galliford Try [GFRD]
|Kier Group [KIE]