The chart below shows the extent to which the 100 stocks in the FTSE 100 Index are below their all-time highs (ATH). For example, RBS is currently 94% below its ATH, while Ashtead is 0% below its ATH (as it is currently at its ATH).
In the chart the stocks are ordered by the time since they hit their ATH. For example, IAG hit its ATH 14 years ago (the longest time for any FTSE stock). Persimmon, Dixons Carphone and Ashtead are at the bottom of the chart as they are all currently at their ATHs.
Weir is currently 35% below its ATH, but is placed relatively low in the chart because its ATH was fairly recently in September 2014.
A few further observations:
- Three FTSE 100 stocks are currently at their all-time share price highs: Persimmmon [PSN], Dixons Carphone [DC.], Ashtead [AHT]
- 14 stocks in the FTSE 100 Index have hit their all-time highs in the last two weeks.
- Eight stocks in the FTSE 100 Index hit their all-time highs in the last millennium: IAG, RSA, AV., LLOY, BA., GSK, KGF, BT.A
- 20 FTSE 100 stocks are currently more than 50% below their all-time highs.
- 37 FTSE 100 stocks are currently less than 10% below their all-time highs.