The chart below shows the extent to which the 100 stocks in the FTSE 100 Index are below their all-time highs (ATH).
For example, RBS is currently 96% below its ATH. While Croda Intl, Prudential, RELX, Scottish Mortgage, and Micro Focus Intl are all within 1% of their ATH.
- 12 FTSE 100 stocks are within 5% of their ATH.
- 22 stocks are currently more than 50% below their ATH.
- 4 stocks are currently more than 75% below their ATH (BT, RSA Insurance, Lloyds Banking, and RBS).
- The average of the falls from the ATH is 30% (the median is 25%).
The following chart is similar to the above but shows the number of days since the stocks hit their all time highs.
- 6 FTSE 100 stocks have hit their ATH in the past week (Schroders, Informa, Prudential, RELX, Scottish Mortgage, and Micro Focus Intl).
- 28 stocks hit their ATH over 10 years ago.
- 8 stocks in the FTSE 100 Index hit their all-time highs in the last millennium (IAG, RSA Insurance, Aviva, Lloyds Banking, GlaxoSmithKline, Rentokil Initial, Kingfisher, and BT).
- The average of the number of days since the ATH is 1991 (5.5 yrs). The median is 840 (2.3 yrs).