The new edition of the Almanac, The Harriman Stock Market Almanac 2017, has just been released.
The Almanac is a unique reference work providing traders and investors with the data to tackle the markets in the year ahead.
The 2017 edition is packed with new research. New strategies and studies appearing in the Almanac for the first time include-
- World’s Simplest Trading System a simple trading system based on moving averages with an impressive performance.
- Construction Sector 4M Strategy exploits a seasonality anomaly of the construction sector.
- Sell In May Sector Strategy how to exploit the Sell in May effect with sectors.
- Turn Of The Month Strategy all the market’s gains occur in just six days around the turn of the month.
- January Barometer do the first five trading days of the year predict the full year?
- Odd/even weeks the market in odd weeks greatly out-performs that in even weeks.
- Santa Rally does a Santa Rally exist for shares and, if so, when does it start?
- Santa Rally Portfolio the 10 stocks that have had positive returns over the two-week Santa Rally period for every year since 2007.
- Sell in May and come back…when? if you sell in May when should you come back into the market?
- Up/Down ratio analysis of the correlation between the ratio of up/down days in a year and the overall annual return of the FTSE 100 Index.
- Solar eclipse do solar eclipses affect stock markets?
- Dividend payment calendar analysis of when FTSE 100 companies pay dividends throughout the year.
- FOMC cycle the equity premium in the US and worldwide is earned entirely in weeks 0, 2, 4 and 6 in FOMC cycle time.
- The psychology of drawdowns why investors may almost always feel a prevailing sense of loss.
- Do European stocks follow the US on a daily basis? analysis of the correlation of EuroSTOXX and S&P 500.
- Fed rate cycle analysis of the relationship between the Fed rate cycle and UK equities.
- UK bank rate since 1694 analysis of Bank of England base rate changes over the last three centuries.