An extract from a recent article on Motley Fool titled “9 Financial Rules You Should Never Forget“-
2. Don’t try to predict the future.
A little more than a decade ago:
- Greece was strong.
- Russia was bankrupt.
- Oil cost $13 a barrel.
- AOL dominated the Internet.
- Smart economists thought the [US} government would pay off the national debt by 2009.
- Apple was a joke.
- General Motors was at an all-time high.
- Mark Zuckerberg was in middle school.
- Y2K was a major worry.
- Fortune named Enron one of America’s “most admired corporations.”